Performance Company and Guest Auditions
Auditions for Ballet Chelsea Performance Company membership and guest roles in the Nutcracker take place at Ballet Chelsea Studios in August. Rehearsals begin in September.
- 2016-17 Performance Company Auditions (PDF file) – information, schedule and fees.
- 2016-17 Performance Company Audition Application (PDF file) – requirements and application
Performance Company Auditions for 2016-17 season
Schedule & Fees
Company and Guest auditions will take place on August 21, 2016. Schedule is as follows:
- 12pm – Studio opens for registration
- 12:45-1:30pm – Audition for Nutcracker guest roles
- 1:30-2:30pm – Audition for Junior Company
- 2:45-4:15pm – Audition for Senior Company / Jazz Ensemble
- 4:15pm – Audition for Professional Training Program. NOTE: All dancers seeking consideration for the Professional Training Program must also attend the Senior Company audition.
Dancers should arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled audition to complete registration paperwork and warm-up.
- Female dancers should wear a simple, solid color leotard, pink tights, pink shoes.
- Male dancers should wear a white shirt, black tights and white or black shoes.
- The audition will consist of center work. Additional studio space will be available for dancer warm-up.
- Audition fee: $25
See 2016-17 Performance Company Auditions (PDF file) for more information about requirements and fees.
Download 2016-17 Performance Company Audition Application (PDF file).
Dancers are eligible to become members of Performance Company from age 8 through high school graduation. Guest members must be at least 7 years old. Both members and guests are required to be enrolled in weekly ballet classes.
Additional details can be found on our Membership Requirements page and on the downloadable PDFs above.
Professional Training Program
Ballet Chelsea provides professional caliber training to individuals who wish to pursue a serious dance education. The Professional Training Program aids dancers in achieving personal dance related goals whether the intent is the pursuit of a post high school career, furtherance of education in a college dance program or a lifelong enjoyment of dance on a recreational level. The skills gained through the Professional Training Program will help members find success in their field of choice through the development of a work ethic, the pursuit of specific goals and the honing of skills needed to achieve individual goals.
Also see: Membership Requirements