Auditions for Ballet Chelsea Performance Company and guest roles in the Nutcracker take place at Ballet Chelsea Studios in August. Rehearsals begin in September.
It is highly recommended dancers / parents fill out the above audition registration form prior to their audition. Hard copies will also be available at the audition. Please note, dancers auditioning for the Professional Trainee Program are required to answer the questions located at the bottom of the form in a personal statement on a separate piece of paper and bring it to their scheduled audition time.
AUGUST 18, 2019: Performance Company Auditions
- 12:00 pm – Studio opens for registration and warm-up
- 1:00-2:15 pm – Auditions for Junior Company Artists (ages 8-12)
- 2:30-3:45 pm – Auditions for Senior Company Artists (ages 13-18)
- 4:00-5:30 pm – Auditions for Professional Training Program (ages 14+) & Professional Company Artists (ages 18+)
SEPTEMBER 7, 2019: The Nutcracker Associate Artist Audition
- 1:00 pm – Studio opens for registration and warm-up
- 2:00-3:15 pm – Auditions for Associate Company Artists
- Dancers should arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled audition to complete registration paperwork and warm-up.
- Auditions will take the form of a structured ballet class; the audition will consist barre and center work. Dancers are encouraged to warm-up prior to their audition, additional studio space will be available.
- Female dancers should wear a simple, solid color leotard, pink tights, and pink shoes.
- Men should wear a white shirt, black tights and white or black shoes.
- Audition fee: $25
- Dancers are eligible to become Performance Company Artists from age 8 through high school graduation.
- Associate Artists must be at least 8 years old.
- All dancers are required to be enrolled in weekly ballet classes.
Additional details can be found on our Company Requirements page and on the downloadable PDFs above.
Professional Trainee Program
Ballet Chelsea provides professional caliber training to individuals who wish to pursue a serious dance education. The Professional Trainee Program aids dancers in achieving personal dance related goals whether the intent is the pursuit of a post high school career, furtherance of education in a college dance program or a lifelong enjoyment of dance on a recreational level. The skills gained through the Professional Trainee Program will help dancers find success in their field of choice through the development of a work ethic, the pursuit of specific goals and the honing of skills needed to achieve individual goals.
Also see: Performance Company Requirements