Advanced Performance Intensive
The Ballet Chelsea Performance Intensive is designed to allow advanced dancers to immerse themselves fully in their art through an intensive rehearsal process that will culminate in a performance project.
Summer Dance Intensive (SDI)
Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive serves the serious ballet student by offering an intensive training process that nurtures personal growth through personal attention and training excellence. Students are exposed to a broad curriculum that includes daily ballet technique, pointe, repertory, partnering, modern, contemporary ballet and conditioning methods in addition to educational dance seminars. Students may choose to attend 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Students taking the first two weeks experience immersive choreographic projects which culminate in a program performance.
- Students may apply for limited SDI tuition scholarships. Applicants must demonstrate both merit and financial need and meet established eligibility guidelines.
- Scholarship Application required for consideration.
- Decisions concerning placement will be made on the basis of technical level, dance experience, and age.
- Final placement is solely at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Any dancer, who has not previously attended Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive or is not currently training at Ballet Chelsea studios, should submit a 5 x 7 photo in first arabesque.
- All dancers must have a physical examination and complete and submit all required medical health forms prior to participation.
- Ballet Technique & Pointe Classes: Solid color leotard, pink tights, pinks shoes. A short ballet skirt is permitted for Repertory and Variations classes.
- Jazz and Modern Classes: Solid color leotard and jazz shoes, if available. NO SOCKS! Black tights or jazz pants are permitted.
- Additional Attire: Dance-appropriate warm-ups permitted for seminars and some conditioning classes.
- Men’s Attire: Black tights, white t-shirt, black shoes preferred.
- All dancers must be wearing street clothes and shoes when entering or exiting the building.