Advanced Performance Intensive
July 22-26, 2019
The Ballet Chelsea Performance Intensive is designed to allow advanced dancers to immerse themselves fully in their art through an intensive rehearsal process that will culminate in a performance project.
Summer Dance Intensive (SDI) – 3 sessions
Session I: July 29-August 2, 2019
Session II: August 5-9, 2019
Session III: August 12-16, 2019
Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive serves the serious ballet student by offering an intensive training process that nurtures personal growth through personal attention and training excellence. Students are exposed to a broad curriculum that includes daily ballet technique, pointe, repertory, partnering, modern, contemporary ballet and conditioning methods in addition to educational dance seminars. Students may choose to attend 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Students taking the first two weeks experience immersive choreographic projects which culminate in a program performance.
- Deadline to enroll: May 1, 2019
- Requests to enroll after May 1 will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- All sessions are open to intermediate and advanced level dancers on pointe.
- Dancers who are at least 8 years old may attend Session I, regardless of whether or not they are working en pointe.
- Dancers must be at least 10 years old, or obtain permission from the Artistic Director, to participate in Sessions II and III.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due at time of registration.
- Deposit will be credited towards tuition.
- Advanced Performance Intensive: $200
- SDI 1 week: $425
- SDI 2 weeks: $675
- SDI 3 weeks: $850
- Tuition is non-refundable. Proration of tuition will be considered on a case-by-case basis in the event illness or injury prevents a dancer from attending class.
- May 1, 2019: $100 deposit due
- June 14, 2019: 50% tuition due
- July 12, 2019: 100% tuition due
- 10% off total tuition for families with more than one student enrolled
- 50% off tuition for graduating seniors, Ballet Chelsea alumni, and male dancers
- Students may apply for limited SDI tuition scholarships. Applicants must demonstrate both merit and financial need and meet established eligibility guidelines.
- Scholarship Application required for consideration.
- Decisions concerning placement will be made on the basis of technical level, dance experience, and age.
- Final placement is solely at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Any dancer, who has not previously attended Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive or is not currently training at Ballet Chelsea studios, should submit a 5 x 7 black and white photo in first arabesque.
- All dancers must have a physical examination and complete and submit all required medical health forms prior to participation.
- Ballet Technique & Pointe Classes: Solid color leotard, pink tights, pinks shoes. A short ballet skirt is permitted for Repertory and Variations classes.
- Jazz and Modern Classes: Solid color leotard and jazz shoes, if available. NO SOCKS! Black tights or jazz pants are permitted.
- Additional Attire: Dance-appropriate warm-ups permitted for seminars and some conditioning classes.
- Men’s Attire: Black tights, white t-shirt, black shoes preferred.
- All dancers must be wearing street clothes and shoes when entering or exiting the building.
Registration begins: April 15, 2019
Registration deadline: May 1, 2019
New to Ballet Chelsea? Get started by clicking the “Create Account” button on the registration page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.