Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive serves the serious ballet student by offering an intensive training process that nurtures personal growth through personal attention and training excellence. Students are exposed to a broad curriculum that includes daily ballet technique, pointe, repertory, modern, contemporary ballet, and conditioning methods in addition to educational dance seminars. Students may choose to attend 1, 2 or 3 weeks. Dancers who are not currently working en pointe may take week I of our SDI and combine that with the Intermediate Mini Ballet Intensive.
Ages: week I: 8+ | week II & III: 10+
Date: July 31-Aug 4, Aug 7-11, Aug 14-18; Monday-Friday, 9:30-4:30pm
- Dancers who are at least 8 years old may attend SDI Week I, regardless of whether or not they are working en pointe.
- Dancers must be at least 10 years old, or obtain permission from the Artistic Director, to participate in Weeks II and III of SDI.
Registration & Tuition
- A non-refundable 20% deposit is due at the time of registration to secure your spot.
- The remainder of your tuition is due on July 17th. Tuition is non-refundable once paid. Proration of tuition will be considered on a case-by-case basis in the event illness or injury prevents a dancer from attending class.
- Tuition due in full for anyone registering after July 17th.
Scholarships are awarded to dancers based on financial need and artistic ability as determined by the Artistic Director and Scholarship Committee. Dancers will be considered for scholarship awards upon receipt of a completed Summer Dance Intensive Scholarship application if they meet the following eligibility criteria: (1) dancer is a current Ballet Chelsea Studio student and (2) Ballet Chelsea’s Summer Dance Intensive will be the dancers sole 2023 intensive summer training and/or camp experience.
Additional questions should be submitted to email@example.com.
How To Register
Register May 1, 2023. Registration for Ballet Chelsea is done through our online portal, Dance Studio Pro. New dancers will need to create a profile to register for classes.
- Create an account with Dance Studio Pro or log into your already created online portal.
- Navigate to Register for Classes icon on the home page. Click on the icon.
- Place a check mark in the box to the left of the camp you would like to enroll in.
- Once you have checked all the camps you would like to enroll in scroll to the bottom and click on the Submit button.
- Ballet Technique
- Pointe / Pre-Pointe
- Workshop / Seminar
- Decisions concerning placement will be made on the basis of technical level, dance experience, and age.
- Final placement is solely at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Ballet Technique & Pointe Classes: Solid color leotard, pink or flesh colored tights, pink or flesh colored technique and pointe shoes.
- Repertory & Variations: A short ballet skirt is permitted.
- Jazz, Modern and Contemporary: Solid color leotard and jazz shoes, if available, or technique shoes. Black tights or fitted jazz pants are permitted.
- Conditioning & Seminar: Dance-appropriate warm-ups permitted.
- Men’s Attire: Black tights, white t-shirt, black shoes preferred.
- All dancers must be wearing street clothes and shoes when entering or exiting the building.